When looking at plans, most often it's the exterior profile that will first grab your attention. You love the exterior, it's exactly what you envisioned, but what about the inside of the design? It's important to spend some time and digest the design's interior elements. Here are a few considerations to think about when evaluating if this is the right plan for you.
- First off, think about how you live in your home.
- Do you or your family prefer to have one or two places to gather all together, or do you prefer to have more private places within your home.
- Consider how you move through the home in your day to day life. Visually walk through the front door, what do you walk through or by? Do the same from your back door and garage entrances.
- Is your family life more formal or casual and do the living spaces of the design complement your lifestyle?
- Will your existing furniture fit within the spaces?
- If you have a family, do you want the master suite close to the secondary bedrooms or separated?
- Do you entertain? Are there elements within the floor plan that allow for entertaining with ease?
- How do you take care of laundry? Would you prefer the laundry room to be close by the kitchen, garage, or close to the bedrooms?
- Storage space? Is there enough?
- Consider your access to the outside? Do you want to extend your indoor living to the outside? Is there adequate porches or patios for how you want to enjoy your yard? Where will you place your grill or patio furniture?
- The view? What are you going to see when you look out your windows? Need more privacy or need more accessibility to a view?
- Make sure your garage will accommodate your cars, RV, or boat. Adequate storage? Do you want or need a door to the exterior beyond the opening garage doors? Utility sink? Space for an additional refrigerator or freezer?
- Consider things about your current home/residence that you don't like. By pin pointing these areas of your current home that you don't care for, you can make sure they are addressed in the next.
After reviewing giving it careful consideration you may find that the plan would be perfect with a few design changes. HPC can certainly help you with that with our customization services.